Master of Science Nutrition & Dietetics
Bachelor of Science (Nutrition & Food)
Born and bred in the Blue Mountains, Sophie is Accredited Practising Dietitian and Accredited Nutritionist. She currently works in Lithgow, Springwood, Leura, Blackheath, and online through Thrive Nutrition.
Sophie has worked both overseas and in Australia. Her passion for travel and new experiences has taken her to tropical islands, alpine ski hills, the coast, rural and regional areas, as well as in the hustle and bustle of the city. Now back and permanently living in the Blue Mountains, Sophie brings together her life experience and expertise with food and nutrition to help teach food and health skills to individuals and to provide nutrition and health coaching to benefit health and wellbeing.
In her downtime you will see her on the mat doing some yoga, reading a book, chilling in the veggie patch or cooking up a mean meal.
The services Sophie provides include:
· Weight management
· Low FODMAP diet
· Diabetes (Type I, Type II and Gestational diabetes, IGT and insulin resistance)
· Gastrointestinal nutrition, food allergy & intolerance (e.g. irritable bowel syndrome, lactose intolerance, coeliac disease, inflammatory bowel disease, diverticular disease, low FODMAP diet).
· Nutritional deficiencies
· Nutrition for children and adolescents
· Disability Nutrition, including NG, PEG and PEJ feeding
· Aged Care Nutrition, including Nutrition screening (including MNA, BAPEN MUST), nutritional supplements, food fortification, intolerance and allergies and diabetes
· Health & behaviour change coaching
We are so thrilled to have Sophie join our team, and to be able to offer Dietitian services to the community.
Sophie will be at the Tablelands practice on Mondays. To book with Sophie, please book online at https://thrivend.com.au/service/bookings/ or call 0422 496 511 and request a Lithgow Booking.